The Department of Applied Sciences, strives to provide the best learning in the Undergraduate Engineering Program. We are producing, engineering leaders who will solve the problems of the new century, fostering scientific inquiry but never losing sight of its human implications. The Department’s programs and activities are designed to produce well-educated engineers who can put their knowledge to work for society. Through a synergy of teaching and research, we seek to educate a distinguished cadre of leaders in applied science, who will thrive in an atmosphere of recently emerging technologies excellent learning facilities are provided to the students. The department facilitates Physics Laboratory, Chemistry Laboratory, CAD/CAM Laboratory, CCP Laboratory, a Basic Workshop etc.
- Provide solid foundation in the fundamentals of Science to students.
- Prepare students for higher level learning in Engineering and Technology.
- Offer its own courses to complement programmes of other disciplines.
- Providing students with the means for clear, creative, informed and critical scientific thinking as well as stimulating a passion for continuous learning.
- Preparing students to enter their specializations smoothly.
- Update the knowledge of staff through faculty development programmes and sustain basic research to establish a research centre of excellence